Re: [avr-libc-dev] RE: [avr-gcc-list] no avr/lib/avr25/attiny13a/Makefil

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] RE: [avr-gcc-list] no avr/lib/avr25/attiny13a/Makefile.in
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:53:20 +0100

As Weddington, Eric wrote:

[Things that don't work on Solaris' /bin/sh]

> > . shell arithmetics, use expr instead.

> Ok, I'm not a Unix guy. What do you mean by the last statement
> above? Does this mean that my solution won't work on Solaris?

Ah well, you're right.  It's the $(( ... )) stuff, that has been
introduced by Posix but is not available on Solaris' elderly /bin/sh.

However, without really running the script modified by your patch, I
couldn't figure out why you were using $(( )) at all.  After all,
there's no real arithmetic expression inside the parenthesis.  The
test command's -gt/-lt operators force their operands to be treated as
integer values anyway.