[avr-libc-dev] RE: [avr-gcc-list] no avr/lib/avr25/attiny13a/Makefile.in

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] RE: [avr-gcc-list] no avr/lib/avr25/attiny13a/Makefile.in
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:08:06 -0700

Since you are an avr-libc developer (with commit privledges) you need to
subscribe to the avr-libc-dev list.

> Please realize that this kind of approach is highly sensitive
> to the way the version
> output is generated. It breaks if one word is added in the
> string, or if version
> numbering is changed.

The patch doesn't change that one way or the other. It's just as sensitive now,
as it was before.

> Although arithmetic comparisons is
> good, string comparison
> is not necessarily worse, provided the string is well
> crafted, which is done by
> the 'sed magic' :-)

My eyes glaze over looking at those sed expressions. At least the arithmetic
comparisons I can understand fairly quickly.

> Yes i realized that when after i submitted the patch. I
> tested it on two linux distro's
> mac os and cygwin (and they run), but on a third distro it
> turns out that the declaration
>   #! /bin/sh
> is not compatible with the function declaration, and should
> be changed to
>  #!/bin/bash

What?! If that distro can't handle a little bit of whitespace, then I'd say
that it's broken and doesn't deserve to be supported anyway.