RE: [avr-libc-dev] bug in rand()/random()/do_rand()/do_random( )

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] bug in rand()/random()/do_rand()/do_random( )
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 19:47:15 -0700

So far the evidence that you present points somehow to a problem with 4.3.0,
since this user said it works with 4.3.2. There are known problems with 4.3.0
(for the AVR target) so I'm not totally surprised that 4.3.2 would fix it.

Because there are known problems with 4.3.0, I would not bother with filing a
bug report with the avr-libc project, or the gcc project. But you just might be
aware of this issue for the arduino community. Joerg and I do not frequent the
arduino community forums or mailing lists.

And perhaps in the future, it would be best if we could re-write rand(),
random(), and do_rand() in assembly for avr-libc so this issue with the
compiler won't happen again. ;-)