RE: [avr-libc-dev] working with atmega 2560

From: Stu Bell
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] working with atmega 2560
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 08:27:48 -0700

Your problem is that the compiler cannot find the following files:

../timer6.c:2:19: error: timer6.h: No such file or directory
../timer6.c:3:22: error: interrupt.h: No such file or directory
../timer6.c:4:19: error: global.h: No such file or directory
../timer6.c:5:20: error: rprintf.h: No such file or directory

Since you have not said how this is being built, I will assume that you
are using AVR Studio.  It also appears that you are trying to use
compile source spread to multiple directories.  AVR Studio, by itself,
does not properly deal with source in multiple directories.

You have two choices:

1) move all of your source to a single directory modify AVR Studio's
project so that the directory is the project's "home" directory.  Make
sure that you are referencing that directory *without* relative
directories (your snippet above shows you are tyr8ing to compile from
source in the directory above the home directory of the project)

Or

2) create a makefile that knows where the source files are and can
compile them properly.  Then tell AVR Studio to use that makefile.  The
WinAVR Mfile template can help you create a very good makefile.

Best regards,

Stu Bell
DataPlay (DPHI, Inc.)