Re: [avr-libc-dev] avr-lib compiling error

From: Boris Borisov
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] avr-lib compiling error
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 23:22:00 +0200

Weddington, Eric wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Boris Borisov [mailto:address@hidden Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 1:35 PM
To: Weddington, Eric

Hello All,
I try to update my avr-libc but compilation is fail with messages:
<snip>

avr-gcc (GCC) 4.2.3 (Gentoo 4.2.3 p1.0)
Are you using 'crosstool' to build your toolchain?
Excuse me, I meant 'crossdev'.

Yes with option -t avr. also I try manually in my home directory to build avr-libc. The result is same.

Crossdev is known to fail building a correct AVR toolchain. Please see the
directions in the avr-libc user manual online on how to build an AVR toolchain:
<http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/>

Also, there is an AVR toolchain build script on the AVR Freaks website, in the
AVR GCC Forum, up top:
www.avrfreaks.net

And please reply to the list too, and not just to me personally.

Thanks,
Eric

Thanks I will try to recompile all avr tollchain out of portage.