[avr-libc-dev] [patch #6680] Sine, cosine functions

From: Ruud
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #6680] Sine, cosine functions
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:13:46 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi All,
I listed this under patches, if this is wrong I'm sorry..

The issues are the sine, cosine functions. When I started to try to speed-up
the sine function I noticed that version 1.6.3 was quite inaccurate (errors as
much as 2 times the lsb). So I made a quick draft of an improved? Version..
See attached file fp_sinus2. This is by no means intended as a final version,
but is merely meant as an quick draft which needs improving and splitting
(powsodd should be used by tan, tanh… etc). The results however are quite
good. See attached sintest.txt (written with notepad windows).  More than
twice the speed and much better accuracy..
Regards
Ruud

File Attachments:

Date: Mon Nov 24 13:13:45 2008  Name: sintest.txt  Size: 2kB   By: ruud62