Re: [avr-libc-dev] headers only / bootstrapping an avr toolchain

From: Aurélien Francillon
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] headers only / bootstrapping an avr toolchain
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:05:24 +0100

Le Monday 03 November 2008 17:06:31 Stu Bell, vous avez écrit :
> The consensus is that Linux users trying to compile the avr toolchain
> should avoid crossdev like the plague.

Well crossdev have some problems, shure, but that doesn't means it's
unfixable ...
And crossdev have many advantages over running "random" install scripts ...
I actually have done some work on it so, Sven don't hesitate to contact me if
you want my support/help (PM is ok).
You can have a look at the patched crossdev version (maybe a bit outdated)  in
the unofficial tinyos ebuilds in the gentoo overlay here:
https://naurel.org/svn/tinyos-2-overlay/

specifically I think the problem you describes is fixed in this version, but
it's far from the only problem you will encounter ...

Cheers
Aurélien