[avr-libc-dev] New square root?

From: Ruudje
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] New square root?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:08:06 +0200

Hi all,

I'm new to this list and project. So I don't really know how things work
here.

Anyway. I have attached a proposed new SQRT.S file for LIBM. The sqrt
routine in this file is fully tested (i.e. I have only tested the 2^24
possible mantissa, I didn't change any exponent handling) the result of the
test gave the same outcome for any value of rA2-rA0 for odd and even
exponents. The proposed routine uses 16 code words less than the original
and is 99-221 cycles faster..

Hope this is of help

Ruud