[avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] Find problem with gcc patching libc

From: Andy H
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] Find problem with gcc patching libc
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 12:21:19 -0400

We seem to be both using 4.4 head and same configuration switches. Though different directories perhaps.

I have just noted that stdio.h in 1.6.2 is version 1.29 - where Mike is using 1.30. So I assume he is using HEAD version of libc??

I will thus check this version to see if it triggers problem.

I started at almost same time I added AVR target test. Which failed because of this issue. However, I was able to see same problem just before that on some other test.
Any tests with stdio.h will thus fail (on Mike's setup)

I think changes fixincludes are making are somewhat logical. Maybe Cygwin and Debian are wrong?

I am not sure what determines if file is fixed or not. The gcc code looks for missing functions and adds missing definitions. But what causes that to happen (or not) is a mystery to me. Debian shows fixing messages for files prior to test. Cygwin does not. Just to confuse the issue!

Andy