[avr-libc-dev] pgm_read_byte_far & Interrupts

From: Moritz Struebe
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] pgm_read_byte_far & Interrupts
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 19:48:53 +0200

Hi everyone.

The discussion on https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6352 should have been me a warning, but for everyone else I think it would be a good idea to add a _big_ warning to pgm_read_byte_far & Co that you must turn off interrupts. This caused me a major headache because I got randomly corrupted data (And no, it's not possible to put the data in the first 64K :-( ). Shall I add a bug, that these functions should have a warning for naive/stupid users like me. Is there a comprehensive list of problematic functions? (I know all functions using RAMPZ, but maybe someone assembled a list. ) Would it be reasonable to turn off and recover interrupts during these commands by default? Or has anybody got an patch for the Interrupt handler? (see https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6352 )

Thanks for your feedback
Morty