Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] New eeprom.h

From: Rick Altherr
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] New eeprom.h
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:46:39 -0800

On Feb 29, 2008, at 11:41 AM, Shaun Jackman wrote:

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Rick Altherr <address@hidden> wrote:
If you look at Dmitry's header, you'll see that you pass the address
of eeprom_read_byte or eeprom_write_byte.

How many versions of eeprom_read_byte and eeprom_write_byte are there?

I haven't seen Dmitry's header. Is it in Savannah or on this mailing list?

Cheers,
Shaun

It was on the mailing list. There are only one of each, but they are inline functions defined in the header so they will be correct for every device. The address of that inline function is passed to the library routines. That will cause a single copy of the inline function to be generated as a true function in the binary so the address of it can be found.

--
Rick Altherr
address@hidden

"He said he hadn't had a byte in three days. I had a short, so I split it with him."
 -- Slashdot signature