Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] New eeprom.h

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] New eeprom.h
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:15:12 -0800

Hello Eric,

I agree: correct code first, optimization second. I am not complaining
that eeprom_write_dword is an 80 byte function. I agree that
reading/writing a 32-bit word will take a bunch of code on an AVR. I
am arguing that it is a design flaw that eeprom_write_dword takes 80
bytes *per call*. It may be a documented, reasoned design flaw, but it
is a inarguable design flaw nonetheless.

Cheers,
Shaun