RE: [avr-libc-dev] avr-lib-c-extentions library

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] avr-lib-c-extentions library
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:17:06 -0700

> > Joerg,
> >
> > As requested, I'm following up your post on AVRFreaks
> > (http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtop
> > ic&p=392935#392935) about a possible companion library to
> > avr-lib-c, containing useful but out of scope for avr-lib-c
> functions.
> >
> > What sort of contributions did you have in mind? Would the
> > "util" library code be moved over to the new library? How
> > would you imagine it structured?
> >
> > I don't mind heading such a project, as I don't think it
> > would be too much trouble. I've got until the end of Feb
> > before Uni starts again, to get it all organised and moving.
> >

> The link above to the AVR Freaks post does not work for me. Could you
> double-check and repost?

Ok, I think I found the Freaks thread. Is it this thread about malloc?:
<http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=57805
&start=all>
(Down towards the bottom.)

Anyway,

There are plans to put together such a library, starting in 2008. Not so
much like Procyon AVRLib, but a library that contains drivers for AVR
on-board peripherals. I would suggest avoiding this area so you don't
conflict.

Eric Weddington