[avr-libc-dev] [patch #6352] Far pointer library

From: Carlos Lamas
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #6352] Far pointer library
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:40:30 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

This code is to intended to access the whole flash memory in devices with
flash address space bigger than 64KB.

The macro GET_FAR_ADDRESS() is the best version I've got after testing
several ones but is not always a direct replacement of the & operator for
getting far pointers. It has not been tested on ATmega2560, not even in
simulation.

The string and memory copy functions for far program memory xxxx-PF() are
still in beta stage and need more tests (not known bugs but not extensively
tested). They had been parked in my hard disk for a long time but the big ROM
devices users claim for some standard way to access the data in avr-libc.

Comments are welcomed.

Carlos Lamas.

File Attachments:

Date: Friday 12/21/2007 at 14:40  Name: extra pgmspace.zip  Size: 26kB   By: