Re: [avr-libc-dev] Misleading in CVS's NEWS file

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Misleading in CVS's NEWS file
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:47:26 +0100

As Dmitry K. wrote:

> Recently to the chapter "Changes since avr-libc-1.5.1"
> a 4 notes are added, about of old float point bugs
> fixed.  It misleads a reader, since all this corrections
> were maked before 1.5.1

However, the NEWS file is supposed to only add things on top of it,
and leave everything untouched that has already been part of a
previous NEWS (aka. "release notes") file.  As the bugs in question
have only been closed after 1.5.1 (even though they already had been
fixed), they now appear in the (to become) 1.6.0 section.

Another option would be to merge everything from HEAD and 1.5.1, to
become the 1.6.0 entry.  That would essentially pretend 1.5.1 to have
happened on a branch.  I guess that makes more sense this way.