Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #21841] Add CLI to exit() and abort() loops

From: Dmitry K.
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #21841] Add CLI to exit() and abort() loops
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:57:37 +1000

On Wednesday 19 December 2007 08:33, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> Update of bug #21841 (project avr-libc):

>              Assigned to:                    None => joerg_wunsch
>              Open/Closed:                    Open => Closed

Corrections are needed:

  1. Now abort() (CVS's abort.S) jumps not to exit(),
but to _exit(), since the exit() function is a normal
program ending and the exit() can be replaced by user's
realise. So, it is needed to add 'cli' to abort.S.
(Sorry, I was inaccurate in my post to avr-libc-dev.)

  2. It is better to restore 'XJMP _exit' in exit.S
(after 'cli'). In result all possible outputs from
program (exit(), abort() and return from main()) will
to loop in one place: _exit, which is obtained by the
GCC. One stop point is the base for automatic simulation.

I can do this myself, but only half day letter.

Dmitry.