Re: [avr-libc-dev] What about to make 'reti' as a default behaviour?

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] What about to make 'reti' as a default behaviour?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:28:56 +1100

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 09:09:21AM +1000, Dmitry K. wrote:
> Now in case of unforeseen interrupt the program is
> jumped to zero address. As a rule, such behaviour
> is bad, as it leads to restart program without
> restarting a MCU's hardware.
>
> What about to perform 'reti' in case if the user
> does not define own __vector_default ?

Dmitry,

If the jump to zero will be detected, it is preferable during
development, so the spurious interrupt can be cured. (I tend to light an
LED, and loop endlessly.)

In production, your proposal is what I do, to maximise robustness of the
delivered product.

Mind you, I've always written my ISRs in assembler so far, so what is
done won't impact me much. ;-)

Regards,
Erik