[avr-libc-dev] Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude GUI with Fuse Calculator

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude GUI with Fuse Calculator
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:06:26 -0700

On Nov 29, 2007 12:48 PM, Weddington, Eric <address@hidden> wrote:
> Note that a new API has been added to avr-libc that allows the user to
> set the fuses within an application, and these values will go into a
> separate section within the resulting ELF file. To do this, fuse data is
> being added to each IO header file in avr-libc.

Each fuse bit is currently defined as an inverted mask. For example:
#define BOOTRST ~_BV(0)  /* Select Reset Vector */
I would prefer the flags be defined uninverted.
EFUSE = ~(BOOTRST | BOOTSZ0 | BOOTSZ1);
looks better to me than
EFUSE = BOORST & BOOTSZ0 & BOOTSZ1;

This is a matter of preference though. I don't mean to start a
painting-the-bikeshed argument. I just thought I'd take a quick poll.

Cheers,
Shaun