Re: [avr-libc-dev] New release?

From: Anatoly Sokolov
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] New release?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:16:20 +0300

Hi.

As Weddington, Eric wrote:
> I'm interested in having a new release of avr-libc, sometime early next
> week. I would be very interested in releasing 1.6.0.

> I still have some changes to go into avr-libc that I will be working on
> this week.

I suggest to set up the minimal required version of GCC as 4.2.
It will allow:

1. To remove check of new devices which are already supported in the GCC 4.2
from 'configure.ac' file.

2. To remove avr25 divices from 'AVR12_DEV_INFO' in 'gen-avr-lib-tree.sh'
file, and do not build 'crt*' files for this devices twice.

3. Do not define '__AVR_HAVE_MOVW__', '__AVR_HAVE_LPMX__' and
'__AVR_HAVE_MUL__' macros in avr-libc.

Anatoly.