Re: [avr-libc-dev] Constant address to program memory in C

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Constant address to program memory in C
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 21:44:45 +0100

As Shaun Jackman wrote:

> The assembler has a pm(a) operator for this very reason. It would be
> useful for avr-libc to have a similar macro.

This rather smells like a compiler bug to me, than something where
library support would be a real help.  If the compiler offers the
feature to jump to an arbitrary address using "goto", then it's
responsible to translate that code into whatever is necessary to
accomplish the goal.  The tools always and only count in byte
addresses.