RE: [avr-libc-dev] PROGMEM section variables throw away by--gc-sections?

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] PROGMEM section variables throw away by--gc-sections?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:43:32 -0700

Remember, GCC and GNU Binutils are separate projects. They have
different websites and bug trackers. Put "GNU Binutils" in Google and
hit the Lucky button. Find the link to the bug database.

> As for the minimal test case, I'll have to work on it. It
> only happens with
> some of my projects, which all have -ffunction-sections,
> --gc-sections
> and --relax enabled. They were all rather complex, so I'll
> see if I can get
> it to happen with a smaller project.

You'll need minimal test cases for entering bug reports.

Eric Weddington

PS: Try not to top-post, and don't forget to send your post the mailing
list too, not just to me. Thanks. :-)