Re: [avr-libc-dev] RE: Probs building avr-gcc

From: Rick Altherr
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] RE: Probs building avr-gcc
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 09:26:47 -0700

You need to install the gmp library (http://gmplib.org/).
--
Rick Altherr
address@hidden

"He said he hadn't had a byte in three days. I had a short, so I split it with him."
 -- Slashdot signature

On Oct 11, 2007, at 1:05 AM, leehj wrote:

Added more complete error from config.log in Build (objdir) folder

configure:2341:17: error: gmp.h: No such file or directory
configure: In function 'main':
configure:2345: error: 'choke' undeclared (first use in this function)
configure:2345: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
configure:2345: error: for each function it appears in.)
configure:2345: error: expected ';' before 'me'
configure: failed program was:
#line 2340 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include "gmp.h"
int main() {

#if __GNU_MP_VERSION < 4 || (__GNU_MP_VERSION == 4 && __GNU_MP_VERSION_MINOR
< 1)
choke me
#endif

Thanks
-Jason
Hi,

I have actually have the same error of :-

configure:2341:17: error: gmp.h: No such file or directory

when I tried compiling gcc-4.2.1 with a separate BUILD folder apart from its
source file folder.

I did ../configure --prefix=/local/gcc/gcc-4.2.1/

but when I do a make bootstrap, the above error is displayed in config.log.
And i just coudl not proceed. Please advise what I could do.

Thanks.

Rgrds,
Jason