RE: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [RFC] Unified ELF file

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [RFC] Unified ELF file
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:07:55 -0600

If a user specifes lfuse and efuse, but not hfuse, how are they going to be
ordered by the linker script in memory? What gets put in the hole? The ELF
file is just a group of data. It requires a program to decide if there is an
error and to report one. The ELF file itself can't decide if there was an
error. And I'm not about to patch the compiler toolchain with custom code
that can't be committed upstream.

> > I'm not turning this into a bike-shed event. Patches welcome.
>
> What is a bike-shed event?

Google is your friend.