Re: [avr-libc-dev] Interrupt vector redirection scheme

From: Dmitry K.
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Interrupt vector redirection scheme
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:41:03 +1100

On Monday 03 September 2007 19:59, Michael Schulze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Very interesting idea. Though there is a discrepancy: function
> > redir_func() keeps the SREG already after it is scratched (sbiw,
> > eor).
>
> I can't find the definition of that function. Where is it defined?

Your file redirvec.S:

   redir_func:
        sbiw ZL, 0                      ; test for zero
        eor r1, r1                      ; clear zero register, as assumed to
        in r0, _SFR_IO_ADDR(SREG)       ; load status. SREG is a SFR macro
        push r0                         ; save loaded status. Assumes irqs are

[...]
> You have a very thin HAL or small operating
> system which offers the possibility of loading and executing of
> different applications (one at a time) depending on the actual state or
> environment.
[...]

Aha, I have understood. Yes, it is an absolutely other level
of program design. The simplest decision with the 'if' operator
is not so convinient here.

Regards,
Dmitry.