[avr-libc-dev] Hint For Watchdog Disable on Newer AVRs in the Manual

From: Harald Kipp
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Hint For Watchdog Disable on Newer AVRs in the Manual
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 18:45:26 +0200

The manual offers a solution for early watchdog disabling in .init3. However, the code uses a global variable to store the current value of MCUSR. Isn't this variable cleared again in .init4? Did I miss something?

Anyway, it should be noted, that using .init3 may not work under certain circumstances. In our special case the AVR emulates a network controller EEPROM, which had to be done before enabling the external memory interface. This is done in .init1 and takes too long to reach .init3 in time. Any reason why not use __init() to disable the watchdog?

Thanks,

Harald