[avr-libc-dev] put static variable in a specific section

From: Yann GOUY
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] put static variable in a specific section
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 22:10:37 +0000 (GMT)

hi all,

from an older version of avr-gcc, I was able to put a static variable in a
specific section.

with version 4.1.1, it seems no longer possible.
I have tried to add other attributes like 'common/nocommon' and unused but it
failed.
the only way to have the variable allocated is to suppress the static keyword.

OK, it works for my need without the static keyword, but it is not good
programming practice as the variable is private to the .c file.

does someone have a solution for that?

any help will be appreciated.

thanks in advance.
    Yann

Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur
Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com