Re: [avr-libc-dev] ADC Free Running Mode at several ADC channelspossible

From: David Breeze
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] ADC Free Running Mode at several ADC channelspossible?
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:10:04 +0000

Thomas,

The ADC can only convert one channel at a time and therefore, only requires the
one interrupt vector.
It is up to you to keep track of the current channel, which you can of course
read back from the ADMUX register.

HTH
David

>>> Thomas Richter <address@hidden> 23 February 2007 14:53 >>>
Hi,

is it possible to run the ADC in Free Running Mode at several ADC
channels (e.g. all 8 channels at ATmega128) by using 8 ISR ?

I'm not sure correct understanding the ATmega128 specification.

I think that I could start an ISR only at ONE ADC channel. If I would
change the ADC channel then I could not use an ISR (or more than one
ISR's, each for one ADC channel). Is it right?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Thomas

solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If
an addressing or transmission error has misdirected
this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.  If you are
not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on
this e-mail.

Joy Mining Machinery Limited/P&H Minepro Services aims to prevent the
propagation of viruses, but cannot guarantee that this email is virus free.
You are advised to scan all attachments and open them at your own risk.

Joy Mining Machinery Limited/P&H Minepro Services may monitor outgoing and
incoming e-mails and other telecommunications on its e-mail and
telecommunication systems.
-Privacy - UK-