[avr-libc-dev] Add ATmega32xxP devices in GCC

From: Anatoly Sokolov
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Add ATmega32xxP devices in GCC
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:43:05 +0300

Hello.

  ATmega32xx and ATmega32xxP devices have very few differences, it is one new
bit in ATmega325xP devices and three bits in ATmega329xP devices.  There are
two variants how to add ATmega32xxP devices in the avr GCC toolchain:

1. Add full support ATmega32xxP devices in binutils/gcc/avr-libc (as the
ATmega3290P device is now added).  I prefer this variant.

2. Only to add new bits in 'iom32xx.h' files.

How we shall add support of ATmega32xxP devices in avr toolchain?

If we shall add support of ATmega32xxP devices in the compiler, whether it is
possible to add at once support of ATmega64xxP devices or still early?

Anatoly.