Re: [avr-libc-dev] functions to write data into application flash sectio

From: Thomas Richter
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] functions to write data into application flash section
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 07:40:58 +0100

Hi Joerg,

you mean:
> Depends on what you actually mean by this.  If you're asking for
> something that could be run from *within* the application section,
> this is impossible with the AVR (except for a few ATtinys): *only* the
> bootloader area (as designated by the respective fuse bits) is allowed
> to write to flash.

I hope I do not misunderstand your upper information with your last statement. Therefore a new wording of my question: Can I write in the Application Flash Section during a running application? During the running app (processing in application flash, no bootloader application) I will get the data which I will write to the flash.

Regards,
Thomas

Joerg Wunsch schrieb:
As Thomas Richter wrote:

I will divide the application flash section into 3 parts where I
have 3 different applications. The boot loading process shall decide
which part shall be used.

OK, as long as it's the bootloader that wants to write the application
section, the macros from <avr/boot.h> are for you.