RE: [avr-libc-dev] New Atomic.h header?

From: Ron
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] New Atomic.h header?
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:35:23 +1100

My intent was to show that the use of inline and -Os actually reduces
all that C code to just 2 instructions on entry and 1 on exit, but the
intent of the C code is still obvious to the reader. IMHO a benign use
of the compiler's powers. I have no argument against "it just works", it
is probably the wave of the future (look at .Net), but I approach its
use in small computers with some caution. Cheers, Ron.