[avr-libc-dev] Building documentation in MinGW/MSYS

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Building documentation in MinGW/MSYS
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:26:04 -0600

All,

For the first time ever, the avr-libc documentation can finally be built on
a MinGW/MSYS host! All of it: html, ps, pdf, and man pages. This is the
first time I've ever been able to do this in the 4 years that I've been
working on avr-libc. The patches to enable this have been committed on the
1.4 branch and HEAD.

I will also add more to the documentation on exactly what tools are
necessary. But for the impatient, here's the executive summary:

avr-libc documentation requirements
-----------------------------------
1. Doxygen - <http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/>
2. NetPbm - Get from GnuWin32 from
<http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html>
3. fig2dev - Part of TransFig package, which is part of XFig. - Can get as
part of WinFig package (XFig for Windows) from
<http://www.schmidt-web-berlin.de/WinFIG.htm>
4. Latex - Miktex is latex for windows: <http://www.miktex.org/>. Full
installation.
5. Ghostscript - <http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/>

The only unknown is with Miktex. It has a "Basic Installation" and a "Full
Installation". I don't know if only the Basic Installation is required. I
went ahead and did the Full Installation and I know it works with that.

Eric Weddington