[avr-libc-dev] [bug #16411] -fwhole-program optimization deletes ISRs

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #16411] -fwhole-program optimization deletes ISRs
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:12:49 +0200

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #16411 (project avr-libc):

Please mind Björn Haase's latest changes to the linker script
templates.  He added several KEEP statements there.  AFAIK
these changes are not yet in binutils 2.17, they only have
been added afterwards.  (They might be present in his
ATmega256x/linker relaxation patch set, I'm not sure.)

Still, I'm opposed to "officially support" any of these
features unless someone tests every aspect of them, and is
also willing to add documentation for them.  Otherwise, it
will only become a support nightmare.

Sorry, I currently complete ran out of time for that, so
the "someone" above needs to be someone else, or it won't
happen for the next avr-libc release.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?16411>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/