[avr-libc-dev] stk500 and tiny45

From: David Carr
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] stk500 and tiny45
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 17:36:51 -0600

Thanks to Joerg, Anatoly and Eric et all. I have toolchain that
completely supports the tiny45.  I can't however convince my STK500 and
avrdude to program the thing.  I using SCKT3400D1 and avrdude 5.1.  I
also have a jumper from PORTE-RST to PB3.  Has anyone made this work?

Thanks,
David Carr

I get the following output: Note that device signature is sometimes
different.

avrdude: Version 5.1
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

         System wide configuration file is "/usr/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/home/david/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular
file, skipping

         Using Port            : /dev/ttyS0
         Using Programmer      : stk500
         AVR Part              : ATtiny45
         Chip Erase delay      : 4500 us
         PAGEL                 : P00
         BS2                   : P00
         RESET disposition     : possible i/o
         RETRY pulse           : SCK
         serial program mode   : yes
         parallel program mode : yes
         Timeout               : 200
         StabDelay             : 100
         CmdexeDelay           : 25
         SyncLoops             : 32
         ByteDelay             : 0
         PollIndex             : 3
         PollValue             : 0x53
         Memory Detail         :

                                  Block Poll
Page                       Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages
MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------
----- ----- ---------
           eeprom        65     6     4    0 no        256    0      0
4000  4500 0xff 0xff
           flash         65     6    32    0 yes      4096   64     64
4500  4500 0xff 0xff
           signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0
0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0
0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0
0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0
0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           efuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0
0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           calibration    0     0     0    0 no          1    0
0     0     0 0x00 0x00

         Programmer Type : STK500
         Description     : Atmel STK500
         Hardware Version: 2
         Firmware Version: 1.15
         Vtarget         : 5.1 V
         Varef           : 3.4 V
         Oscillator      : 3.686 MHz
         SCK period      : 1.1 us

avrdude: please define PAGEL and BS2 signals in the configuration file
for part ATtiny45
avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

avrdude: Device signature = 0x0c9200
avrdude: safemode: Verify error - unable to read lfuse properly.
Programmer may not be reliable.
avrdude: safemode: To protect your AVR the programming will be aborted

avrdude done.  Thank you.