[avr-libc-dev] [ANN] pic30-libc

From: Stephan Walter
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [ANN] pic30-libc
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 00:00:02 +0100

To whom it may concern,

I started a libc implementation for the PIC30/dsPIC family of
microcontrollers made by Microchip. The libc distributed by Microchip
is closed source, it would be great if there was a complete
free-as-in-speech toolchain, as there is one for the AVR
microcontrollers.

The project is hosted at https://gna.org/projects/pic30-libc/

Only a few functions from stdlib.h and string.h are implemented yet.
Important stuff like printf() and malloc() is currently missing. I'm
writing this email to find people interested in helping with the
development.

you can get the source with subversion:
$ svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/pic30-libc/trunk pic30-libc

or in a tarball:
http://stephan.walter.name/files/pic30-libc-0.1.tar.gz

to compile:
$ ./bootstrap.sh    # only if you got the source from subversion
$ ./configure  --host=pic30-elf
$ make

You'll need the pic30 compiler from http://noel.feld.cvut.cz/dspic/

If you're interested, just PM me...