Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] Poll: Who uses itoa() & co with ba

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] Poll: Who uses itoa() & co with base != {2, 8, 10, 16}?
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:31:57 -0400

Hey,

> I get mad when I run in a
> problem because someone thought that 'it would be better that way' but I
> was not made aware of the change.

Which is why I liked the idea of having the compiler detect if you are using a
constant of 2/8/10/16 and switching in the fast code, otherwise it's the full
sized code. Though I only sent it to avr-gcc, and not avr-libc-dev.

>The hell is paved good intentions

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions", we aren't so different ;-)

Regards,

 -Colin

PS: From now on should we just discuss this an avr-libc-dev, it seems more in
place at this point?