Re: [avr-libc-dev] odd man pages when building docs from cvs source tarb

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] odd man pages when building docs from cvs source tarball
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:57:00 +0100

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> > _home_galens_src_avr-libc-1.3.0.20051105_doc_examples_.3
> I can see them here, too.

> This appears to be a doxygen bug.  That kind of files already gave
> me major headaches with my FreeBSD port, ...

Yay, I found the reason!

These junk "man pages" are obviously for directory entries, so I tried
to disable the SHOW_DIRECTORIES feature.  We don't really use that
feature anyway.  In order for it to be useful, it would require to put
\file explanations on top of each source file that is meant to appear
in the documentation.  However, as this would rather document
avr-libc's source tree, which is not deemed to be of any importance to
avr-libc's end users, we don't have any references to the generated
docs for directories.

I committed the change.  For avr-libc-1_2-branch, I cannot merge that
fix because their doxygen.config.in doesn't have the SHOW_DIRECTORIES
statement at all, as it is supposed to be applicable for an older
version of doxygen, and our policy says no tools upgrade must be
enforced within a branch.  Unfortunately, newer versions of doxygen
default that option to YES, so for 1.2.x, you still have to remove the
junk manually if you care (or use an older version of doxygen).