Re: [avr-libc-dev] Automated testing project

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Automated testing project
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:36:39 +0200

As Peeter Vois wrote:

> I'm thinking what would I do with the testing environment. We could
> merge it with avr-libc project or create a new project for libc
> automated testing.

I'm quite busy right now, and wish I'd already made avr-libc-1.4.0
reality.

Anyway, after that happened, it already became pretty clear to me
we need some sort of regression test.  Currently, for any new
device, I'm running a small test program on it to see whether the
library adaptation for the new device actually works.

After seeing how GCC uses dejagnu, I've already thought about using
that for regression tests, but I'm open for any option here.

One major showstopper could be the limited device support in
simulavr/simulavrxx though.  Basically, when extending the library
for new devices, it would require the simulation to also cover that
new device in order to make this a useful option.