Re: [avr-libc-dev] Amazing result!

From: Patrick Blanchard
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Amazing result!
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:25:47 -0500

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 20:59 +0300, Peeter Vois wrote:
> I have made first run my multiplication application with MUL modified
> libm. This works as expected - the calculation is in its 2^-23
> calculation error limit. But the amazing results come from the size of
> application.
>
> using libm without MUL, flash size 1640 bytes
> using libm with MUL, flash size 468 bytes !!!

Peeter,

As you know, I am climbing the learning curve w/ avr-gcc.

Will you detail how I can duplicate your results? This weekend I was
unable to get simulavr installed on Debian - even after setting the
compiler to locate the bfd and libiberty.a files. I thought about simply
installing the current stable version of the avr toolchain under /usr so
as to then obtain a successful install of simulavr. Debian has aptitude
to install simulavr automatically, and this installation expects the bfd
library under /usr But this is not my first choice and have yet to do
it.

My toolchain is under /home/patrick/linuxtooling/ to allow tooling up
for multiple targets and development tools (and easier debugging) rather
than settling for the most common method under /usr.

So, any suggestions on how I might work with you?