Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] dwarf2 information, is this a bug?

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] dwarf2 information, is this a bug?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:44:30 -0600

Björn Haase wrote:

It seems that the binutils mainline does no longer assemble correctly the dwarf2 informations. E.g. I observe that avr-addr2line no longer finds the correct line number for newly assembled files.

When using the rev. 2.16 avr-addr2line on files assembled with 2.14 the correct line numbers come out. So addr-2line seems to be functional in 2.16.
My present estimation is that the problem is probably with gas or bfd.

Bjoern.

Hi Björn,

Do you think the problem first showed up in 2.16? Would it be better off to stay with 2.15 until this issue is fixed in HEAD?

Thanks
Eric Weddington