[avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] dwarf2 information, is this a bug?

From: Björn Haase
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] dwarf2 information, is this a bug?
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:29:50 +0200

Yes I think, Thorsten, that you found a bug.

It seems that the binutils mainline does no longer assemble correctly the
dwarf2 informations. E.g. I observe that avr-addr2line no longer finds the
correct line number for newly assembled files.

When using the rev. 2.16 avr-addr2line on files assembled with 2.14 the
correct line numbers come out. So addr-2line seems to be functional in 2.16.

My present estimation is that the problem is probably with gas or bfd.

Bjoern.