Re: [avr-libc-dev] Reduce copyright header?

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Reduce copyright header?
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:42:33 -0600

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
As Dmitry K. wrote:

is it possible to reduce copyright header in
Avr-libc source file (question for new files,
not about rewriting of olds) ?

For example:

/* foo.S: Avr-libc function to ...
  Copyright ...: see details in ...
*/

I'm not a lawyer, but as far as I know, this is not a valid copyright
declaration.  Also, we're happy that all files have got a uniform
copyright statement now (which required Eric Weddington asking all
present and past authors).

IANAL
But I would agree in that AFAIK, it is not a valid copyright declaration. Even though it takes up space, it's now pretty easy to just copy and paste the copyright header from any file and change the author and/or year to suit.

--
Eric Weddington