Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-libc-dev] RFD: more avr-libc API changes

From: Dmitry K.
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-libc-dev] RFD: more avr-libc API changes
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:24:21 +1100

On Saturday 10 September 2005 01:48, Dave Hansen wrote:
[...]
> Has anyone put any thought into how we might get avr-gcc to do something
> other than silently generate incorrect code when the user specifies an
> incorrect SIG_* (or *_vect) symbol?  For example, if I try to write
>
>    SIGNAL(SIG_INTERUPT0)
>
> avr_gcc will happily accept this, but won't attach the routine to any
> interrupt.  It will appear as if the interrupt never occurs, until someone
> examines the code and realizes it should have been
>
>    SIGNAL(SIG_INTERRUPT0)
>
> I don't have any great ideas, other than perhaps modifying SIG_* to be pure
> numeric values, moving the invocation of _VECTOR to SIGNAL, and creating a
> dummy variable like
>
>    int _test_##NAME[NAME&0xF00];
>
> within the SIGNAL macro.  Details left as an exercise to the reader.  ;-)
>
> Regards,
>    -=Dave

Year or two the good decision of this problem within the Avr-libc has
been found. It was not required updatings of the user code neither in asm,
nor in C programs. But, unfortunately, instead of it has been modified
Gcc: how many still will pass time before everyone will pass on Gcc-4?

Dmitry.