Re: [avr-libc-dev] RFD: more avr-libc API changes

From: Rolf Ebert
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] RFD: more avr-libc API changes
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:37:43 +0200

I did some more work on an experimetal utility to parse the part
description XML files from AVRStudio into device specific include
files.

Umm, but you know that Atmel already ships such a utility as part of
AVR Studio, do you?

Unfortunately, it's Windows-only, and as it apparently uses
Microsoft's XML library, it cannot even be made run easily under the
Wine emulator.  But it can generate the skeleton of GCC/avr-libc
header files.

There is no need to tell Jörg, but others have perhaps overlooked the Python parser Atmel2libc.py in avr-libc/xml.

We use a modified version of that script (Atmel2avrada.py) in AVR-Ada quite successfully to generate Ada's equivalent of the avr/io*.h files.

    Rolf