Re: [avr-libc-dev] BUGS in boot.h

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] BUGS in boot.h
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:26:16 -0600

Ludek Stepan wrote:

Hello, I think I have found bugs in avr/boot.h header file.

Following macro definitions are incorrect and produce compile-time errors:

1) boot_page_erase (address) doesn't take parameter data

#define boot_page_erase_safe (address, data) \
           __boot_eeprom_spm_safe (boot_page_erase, address, data)

2) boot_page_write (address) doesn't take parameter data,
  "boot_page_wrte" doesn't exist

#define boot_page_write_safe (address, data) \
           __boot_eeprom_spm_safe (boot_page_wrte, address, data)

There may be more errors, I did check only for these 2.

The macros worked just fine after I had fixed them on my localhost...
I did it this way:

#define boot_page_erase_safe(address) \
  boot_spm_busy_wait();             \
  eeprom_busy_wait();               \
  boot_page_erase(address);

#define boot_page_write_safe(address) \
  boot_spm_busy_wait();             \
  eeprom_busy_wait();               \
  boot_page_write(address);

Regards, Ludek Stepan

Thanks! However, posting bugs to the list is sure to get them lost. Can you add these bugs to the Bug Tracker on the avr-libc project in Savannah? It's easier to keep track of them there.

Thanks