Re: [avr-libc-dev] sscanf

From: David Breeze
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] sscanf
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:28:46 +0100

Whilst not the ANSI text K & R second edition also says "It returns as its
value the number of successfully matched and assigned input items"

David Breeze

>>> Dave Hylands <address@hidden> 12 August 2005 07:12 >>>
Hi J"org,

> That half-sentence in the brackets is your own though.  I wish the
> standard had that explicit wording.  But it appears you are right,
> it's the number of assignments that ought to be returned, not the
> number of successful conversions.

>I checked my ANSI C reference (at work when I saw the post) and if
>memory serves me correctly the wording was:

    matched and assigned

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada

solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If
an addressing or transmission error has misdirected
this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.  If you are
not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on
this e-mail.

Joy Mining Machinery Limited/P&H Minepro Services aims to prevent the
propagation of viruses, but cannot guarantee that this email is virus free.
You are advised to scan all attachments and open them at your own risk.

Joy Mining Machinery Limited/P&H Minepro Services may monitor outgoing and
incoming e-mails and other telecommunications on its e-mail and
telecommunication systems.
<<Privacy - UK>>