Re: [avr-libc-dev] Not building crtm32.0

From: Björn Haase
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Not building crtm32.0
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 20:27:59 +0200

E. Weddington wrote on Mittwoch, 3. August 2005 22:30 :
> Björn Haase wrote:
> >IMO, the key problem is: When using the standard procedure of "configure /
> >make", *something* happens and you don't recognize immediately that there
> > is something wrong with the commands you are issuing but you rather think
> > that you forgot to install some of the prerequisites of the package :-(.
> > Maybe one would have been better of by *not* providing a script named
> > configure but a configure script renamed to some other nonstandard name.
>
> Agreed that it wasn't planned very well.
I'm not complaining :-) and I did not want to suggest to change anything now.
Simply, I think that in case that it turns out that there are good reasons
for using a non-standard procedure for building the lib also in the future:
Maybe it's better to avoid to name the configure script "configure" :-).

Yours,

Bjoern.