[avr-libc-dev] Re: Not building crtm32.0

From: Curtis Maloney
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: Not building crtm32.0
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:38:04 +1000

Curtis Maloney wrote:
A quick bit of googling, and I turn up that someone suggests this is because -mmcu isn't set properly, since the mega CPUs have a hardware multiplier.

Looking further into this, it appears -mmcu= is left of AVRLIB_CFLAGS in the Makefiles, but is in AVRLIB_ASFLAGS. When I've added this, my application builds happily.

I've also changed AVRLIB_CFLAGS for avr5 to '-Os -mcall-prologues' because otherwise it's just too big for my uses. Isn't multi-libing supposed to build variants for speed/size trade offs?

--
Curtis Maloney
address@hidden