[avr-libc-dev] I intend to roll avr-libc-1.2.5 by tomorrow

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] I intend to roll avr-libc-1.2.5 by tomorrow
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:42:30 +0200

Hi all,

I noticed quite a bit late there's a FreeBSD ports freeze for the
upcoming FreeBSD 6.0 version by Monday.  As I intend to upgrade my
FreeBSD ports for the AVR tools to the respective latest versions
(including patches for new devices as they appear the be OK), I'd
also like to roll an avr-libc-1.2.5 version to at least include
the couple of changes that have been done recently.

If we could agree (and implement) to Björn Haase's solution to the
EEPROM problem (at least as a workaround that can easily be done
inside the 1.2 release line), I'm more than happy if that could be in
1.2.5 as well.

Anatoly, sorry, I haven't yet found the time to also test your auto*
upgrade.  As the requirement for new tools would according to our
policy prevent this from being merged into the existing stable line
(1.2), I'd rather take that as the trigger to open 1.4 as the new
stable line of avr-libc releases afterwards.  Unfortunately, last time
(when I opened the 1.2 line) I noticed there are quite a few hidden
gotchas with starting a new stable branch, so I'd like to avoid
rushing that.