[avr-libc-dev] avr-libc-1.2.4 released

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] avr-libc-1.2.4 released
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:18:23 +0200

I just released version 1.2.4 of avr-libc.

Anatoly did merge his recent bugfixes into 1.2 before (the large EE*
register name move between header files, as well as a fix for the
watchdog for newer AVRs.  I then noticed I needed another fix for
recent versions of doxygen (1.4.x) as well as LaTeX (3.x, which is now
based on pdfetex and allergically switches from DVI to PDF output
whenever you mention the three letter p, d, and f together in the
LaTeX input it seems :->).  That's all.  Sorry, I urgently needed
1.2.4 in order to fix my FreeBSD port that was broken after my recent
upgrade to binutils-2.16.  I know an increasing number of users out
there also stumbled across that problem now.

The workaround/fix for the EEPROM access routines for ATmega169 has to
wait a bit.  A couple of suggestions has been thrown into
consideration (a complete inlined solution on one hand, and Bjoern
Haase's suggested patch), I'm somewhat missing a discussion about
them.  As soon as we could settle for one of these workarounds, I
don't see any problem in quickly following up with a 1.2.5 version for
that (urgently needed as well) fix.  After all, a complete release (on
the stable line) including all testing, web site updates, ... is about
3...4 hours for me.  I don't mind running a new release every month if
it's justified.

Finally, let me thank everybody who contributed to that release, most
notably our new team member Anatoly who has been *very* active in the
CVS repository even though those folks who only follow the mailing
list traffic might not always notice his activities.  I'm really
impressed about his professionality, skills, and completely silent
(i.e. without any questions like ``How should I do this or that?'')
work -- starting at the selection of a certain task all the way down
to merging it into the stable branch of CVS as appropriate.  Escho
ras, Anatoly, spasibo bolshoye i privet do Moskvy.  (Looks terrible
without Cyrillic letters...)