[avr-libc-dev] Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #9787] avrdude 4.4.0 correct butte

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #9787] avrdude 4.4.0 correct butterfly interface
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:09:30 -0600

quiffman wrote:

No... I didn't have the time to fiddle around to get it running - I couldn't
find any support/help for building the toolchain on a NetBSD system...

In fact I only attempted to get avrdude running because I was originally
remote desktop'ing to a windows box with WinAVR etc and forwarding the local
serial port (for programming etc)... The problem was the port kept dropping,
so I decided to move the programming and serial debugging to my local
machine - NetBSD...

If I could get a bit of help, I should have time to attempt to get it up and
running this week... but if it causes too much hassle, I'll just have to
stick with my windows hack :(

Cheers,
Rich
The avr-libc user manual contains docs on how to build the AVR toolchain. The fact that it is known to build on FreeBSD, Linux, Max OS X, and Solaris without much difficulty, I think bodes well that you should be able to get it up and running on NetBSD.